About Turner Retirement Homes
Turner Retirement Homes is located in the heart of Turner Oregon, just Southeast Salem, Oregon. The majority of our housing is Independent Living units ranging from one bedroom apartments to three bedroom houses. Residents of Turner Retirement Homes enjoy quiet, friendly neighborhoods where residents look out for each other. There is the quaint feel of small town living, yet still close enough to Salem to fill all your needs. At Turner Retirement Homes residents enjoy delightful Christian fellowship at potlucks, game nights, trips to the theater for concerts or plays and other various activities. Those in our retirement community are also encouraged to attend the planned activities sponsored by Turner Retirement Home and organized by the Activity Director such as monthly Birthday-Anniversary parties, Wednesday Bible study, Wii bowling, and games like Yahtzee or bingo just to name a few.Turner Retirement Homes also has a licensed Residential Care Facility (RCF), able to extend care to 48 residents in our retirement community.
Providing a Caring Community for Christians in Retirement. Residents at Turner Retirement Homes enjoy the comforts of home the beauty small town and country setting with the security and support of a highly professional staff. We understand older people and that their needs for support and care may change, so TRH is happy to be able to provide both independent living as well as residential care. We value independence and help our residents thrive at each stage of retired life.
- Christ Centered & Mission Oriented
- Service with Love & Respect
- Community Based
In 1852 Henry L. Turner with his wife Judith and their three children Cornelia, George and Louis arrived in the Oregon Territory and settled in the Willamette Valley. March 8, 1871 Henry L. Turner platted out the town of Turner and in 1891, Henry’s son, George and the Oregon State Board signed final agreement papers so that Turner could erect a large tabernacle for use of the Oregon Convention of Disciples of Christ. Later lands and funds were donated by Cornelia Turner Davis in 1933 to provide benevolent housing for retired ministers and missionaries.
Click here: (pdf) Additional History Info