We at Turner Retirement Homes (TRH) continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 virus that has captured our attention in order to protect the health and safety of our residents and employees. TRH realizes the great inconvenience restrictions to mitigate the spread of the virus causes but will continue to be diligent in our efforts of best practices to ensure the safety of our vulnerable residents and essential worker employees.
Under guidelines from Federal and State agencies, including the Oregon Health Care Association, the Department of Public Health and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) as well as local health authorities in Marion County, TRH Administration has implemented the following restrictions and guidelines to mitigate the spread of contagion:
1. Daily screening of residents for symptoms.
2. Any resident who is symptomatic is immediately placed in contact isolation protocol with guidance from the CDC. Isolation protocols include staff wearing personal protective equipment which can include gowns, gloves, eye shields, and masks.
3. Restriction of all visitors entering a resident's room with the exception of resident’s at end of life.
4. Only essential personnel will be allowed into the Residential Care Facility (RCF) and other TRH buildings after they have been screened for respiratory symptoms and had a temperature check.
5. Entering any TRH building begins at the Care Station. All additional entrances and exits are secured.
6. All group activities for RCF and Independent residents have been canceled and alternative arrangements made.
7. The dining hall is open only to RCF residents beginning June 8. Independent residents who have decided for Dietary Services to prepare meals will continue to have box meals delivered to their residence.
8. All residents are encouraged to stay in their rooms or apartments as much as possible and to avoid going out into the local community.
With the State of Oregon lifting some of the COVID restrictions, as of September 1, 2020, visitors are now welcome to come and visit residents located in our Residential Care Facility from outside on their patio area. Please make sure you are first checking in at the care station for screening before going to the patio. Best practices are still in place, so please maintain your distance during your visit. We still cannot allow visitors into the facility, so no going into a resident's room.
We are sincerely grateful for your cooperation during this challenging and uncertain time. We want to recognize our compassionate and skilled employees for their dedication to caring for our residents.
For the latest updated Covid-19 letters visit our Downloads & Printable page.
Turner Retirement Homes (TRH) is located in the heart of Turner, just Southeast of Salem, Oregon. TRH was founded in 1933 when Cornelia Turner Davis donated land and funds to establish Turner Memorial Home. It was created to provide benevolent housing for retired ministers and missionaries from Christian Churches, Disciples of Christ, and Churches of Christ, who dedicated their lives to share and teach the Word of God. Since 1933 we have evolved and grown, but we still retain the mission of our essential purpose - to provide affordable housing to Christians in need.
Turner Retirement Homes is a non-profit corporation that is made up of a Board of Trustees and Advisors. The TRH Board affirms and maintains the purpose to provide a channel to assist Christian congregations in providing a place for their retired people where their spiritual, physical, and some essential needs can be met. We administer our facility taking into consideration the resident's natural fears, loneliness, failing strength, and monetary resources as the resident ages.
Turner Retirement Homes provides independent housing and a Residential Care Facility in a beautiful small town country setting with the security and support of our highly professional staff. We understand the need for additional support and care as people age. We know that a resident's care needs may change as they age, so TRH is happy to be able to provide both options of independent living in our community as well as assisted living in our Residential Care Facility. We value independence and help our residents to thrive at each stage of retired life.
We would love to show you what we have to offer! To schedule a tour of Turner Retirement Homes please scroll down to the "Contact Us" area and fill out your information. You will be contacted by one of our staff to set up a time for your tour.
We believe in one God,(1) Who is Creator of all things.(2)
We believe in Jesus Christ, the only Son of God,(3) the eternal Word,(4) the one and only Savior;(5)
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,(6) born of the Virgin Mary,(7) both fully human and fully divine.
Who reconciled us with God through His death on the Cross;(8)
Who rose again bodily from the dead on the third day;(9)
Who ascended into Heaven;(10)
And Who will return in victory to rule forever.(11)
We believe in the Holy Spirit;
Who convicts concerning sin, righteousness, and judgment;(12)
Who indwells every Christian;(13)
Who helps Christians in their weakness and intercedes for them in prayer;(14)
Who empowers the Christian toward a fruitful life.(15)
We believe the Gospel-the Good News of death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus(16) on
behalf of the whole creation;
That humans, created by God willfully sin against Him and consequently are in need of the redemption and salvation offered by God through Christ’s death and resurrection;(17)
That salvation is initiated by God’s grace and is appropriated by faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ.
That one comes into a new relationship with God by placing one’s trust in Jesus, by repenting of their former life, by confessing Jesus as Savior and Lord, and by being immersed in water into the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;(18)
That a new relationship with God through Jesus Christ produces a new life-style appropriate to that new relationship.
We believe the Bible to be God’s written Word, the only true book of Scripture, which was inspired by God(19) and authoritative for the faith and behavior of God’s people.
Under the authority of the Bible, the following three statements are part of our Code of Conduct:
1. We understand Scripture to teach that God is the Creator and Sustainer of human life; that God created humankind in His image and that life is, therefore, sacred, from conception to death.(20)
2. We also understand that God created each person male or female, that each of these distinct, complementary sexes reflect the “image of God” in humankind; that each person’s biological gender is an intrinsic, immutable aspect of his or her nature of identity.(21)
3. We further understand Scripture to illustrate that God established marriage in the beginning as a lifelong, exclusive relationship between one man and one woman,(22) and that He has reserved sexual intimacy as an expression of love and commitment between said man and woman.(23)
The above Statement of Faith and Code of Conduct is in keeping with the mission of Turner Retirement Homes; to provide economical care and housing for retired servants of our Savoir, with priority given to missionaries, pastors, and educators.(24)
The Board of Trustees of Turner Retirement Homes is the final authority regarding the interpretation and application of this Statement of Faith and Conduct regarding Turner Retirement Homes.
1. Deuteronomy 6:4
2. Genesis 1:1; Revelation 4:11
3. John 1:14, 18
4. John 1:1, Revelation 19:13
5. Titus 2:13,14
6. Matthew 1:20
7. Matthew 1:23-25
8. Romans 5:8-10
9. Romans 1:4; 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4
10. Acts 1:9-12
11. 1 Corinthians 6:9
12. John 16:8
13. 1 Corinthians 6:19
14. Romans 8:26-27
15. Galatians 5:16, 17; 22-24; 2 Corinthians 3:17-18
16. 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
17. Romans 3:23
18. Acts 2:38
19. 2 Timothy 3:16
20. Exodus 20:13
21. Genesis 1:27
22. Matthew 19: 4-6
23. Hebrews 13:4
24. Psalm 71:9
When applying for residency at Turner Retirement Homes all forms need to be completed and returned with the application fee of $150.00.
Other fees due at the time of move-in:
Sign up to hear from us about specials events and to receive The Reporter, our quarterly newsletter filled with information about Turner Retirement Homes.
If you would like to schedule a tour, or if you have questions or concerns you would like to share, please let us know. Just submit your information and one of our staff will be in contact with. Thank you.
5405 Boise Street Southeast, Turner, Oregon 97392, United States
08:00 am – 04:30 pm