Turner Retirement Homes is supported by congregations and individuals who support our mission to provide a Caring Community for Christians in Retirement. TRH, churches, and individuals work together to provide what could not adequately be done alone. TRH is a ministry, and ongoing mission, where God's people come together to care for and honor our former pastors, missionaries, and other church workers. We appreciate your support and thank you for your donation and prayers for our ongoing mission.
The Honor-a-Resident ministry provides a way for you to connect to our honored saints, and stand in the gap for them. One aspect of the mission of TRH is to provide financial aid to our low-income independent living residents who need financial assistance.
The nature of our ministry at TRH coincides with the need for ongoing donations from our supporters. We frequently have a “gap” between what our residents can pay and our costs of doing business. Your one-time or monthly donation will go into the Honor-a-Resident fund out of which the resident’s billing “gap” is paid. We appreciate gifts of any amount dedicated to the Honor-a-Resident ministry.
To ensure your gift is tax-deductible, your donation should be designated to the Honor-a-Resident ministry, and not designated for one particular resident. Your donation will go into the Honor-a-Resident fund and TRH will direct the money to the accounts of those residents signed into the program.
If you desire a connection with residents beyond financial support through this program, we would be happy to connect you with one or two residents. Our residents appreciate the personal touch of prayers, love, and care!
Turner Retirement Homes (TRH) has a wonderful history of providing a Christian community for those in their retirement years. It is a ministry of the churches and takes some of the burden and responsibility for caring for senior saints who have faithfully served the churches.
Offering independent living, and related activities for our residents, TRH is supported by congregations and individuals who value our mission to provide a “Caring Community for Christians in Retirement”.
TRH, churches, individuals, and residents work together to provide what could not adequately be done alone. It is an 89-year-old ministry, and ongoing mission, where God’s people come together to care for and honor our former pastors, missionaries, and other church workers.
As you can imagine, the benevolent aspect of TRH’s ministry is expensive. The regular income from our independent resident units and our Residential Care Facility residents covers approximately 75% of our ministry costs. Securing the remaining 25% of our budget is a yearly faith venture, through gifts from churches and individuals, bequests, and tightening the “TRH belt” (putting off much-needed maintenance projects and watching the pennies pretty closely!).
And to the chagrin of some, historically, when the budget was absolutely unmanageable, the land was sold at different times to help TRH become financially solvent. We want to prevent this from happening again! The faithful and generous support of our great community makes all the difference!
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
The TRH Endowment Fund is a board controlled-fund designed to direct donations into an investment portfolio (CDs, stocks, bonds, etc.). The yearly dividends and interest of these donations will be used for benevolence. It is not the intention of the board to spend any of the donations (corpus) in the fund, but rather spend only the earnings.
It is hoped that our Endowment Fund will realize up to 5% yearly. This earning projection means that we are looking to fund our Endowment Fund with three to four million dollars.
Small amounts given by many people over time can help us realize our goals. The core of our ministry at TRH is to ensure that our career Christian workers and spouses are secure and happy as they live out their retirement years. This Endowment Fund will stabilize this ministry.
Given the tax advantages for donating securities (stock) and real estate directly to a non-profit 501(c)(3), TRH is prepared to accept donations of these types in addition to cash donations. To find out more about making a donation to the Endowment Fund you can click the "Find Out More" button on the right to request information sent to you in an email or call the office at 503-743-2490 for more information.
To learn more about making a benevolence donation to the Endowment Fund click the button below and we will send you the information in an email. If you would like to talk to someone please call the office at 503-743-2490.
The History of Turner Retirement Homes, by Gary Tiffin (past Administrator of TRH), book is available when you make a suggested donation of $22.50. Please mail your request with a check to; TRH at PO Box 970, Turner, OR 97392.