Turner Retirement Homes, a Christian based retirement community has an immediate opening for a part-time Activity Coordinator. This position exists to oversee, administer, and provide the residents with enrichment through activities, outings, events, and fellowship time.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
· A knowledge of the Christian Churches/Disciples of Christ
· Uphold the values and beliefs of TRH
· Requires a minimum of three years’ experience in the related area as an individual contributor
· A demonstrated interest in and knowledge about older adults and their needs, and competency to meet those needs on a consistent basis
· Experience with community-based recreation and socialization activities
· Strong skills in written and verbal communication and customer service
· Experience with computers i.e. Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel
· Organized, resourceful, and able to work independently
· Has a valid Oregon driver’s license
· Read, write and speak English
Oregon Health Care Association (OHCA) Activity Director Training Course Certificate is required for this position. Should candidate not hold this certificate it must be completed within three months of the hire date.
Employees are required to check-in and be screened before their shifts and wear appropriate PPE while working. Covid testing is mandatory as a condition of employment.
We require you to pass a background check and drug screen for this position.
Completed applications can be turned in at 5405 Boise St. SE, Turner, OR 97392 during regular business hours, or by submitting them by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.